Japan VTL isn’t happening soon and we are so deprived of a holiday to the Land of The Rising Sun, but the closest we can get to Japan now would be a damn good Japanese meal. We are pretty blessed to have a whole array of Japanese restaurants in Singapore, and the selection is a comprehensive one.
You can travel to different prefectures of Japan to satisfy the different cravings you have. We’ve rounded up 13 Japanese concepts in Singapore that are offering over 50 seasonal winter items – available for dine-in and takeaway at a special offering.
Think Hokkaido Hotate from S$14.90, A5 Miyazaki Wagyu from S$13.90, Zuwaigani (premium snow crab) from S$7.80, Hokkaido Hairy Crab from S$88, Hiroshima Kaki (oysters) from S$9.90. Salivating already? Read on for the whole list.
Ichiban Boshi & Ichiban Sushi
More than just a convenient option, Ichiban Boshi and Ichiban Sushi are welcoming spaces which are perfect for families to spend some quality time together over the holidays.
Both Ichiban brands will be offering the prestigious A5 Miyazaki Wagyu at very reasonable prices from now until 15 Feb 2022.
• Miyazaki A5 Shabu Shabu (S$35.90)
• Miyazaki A5 Sukiyaki (S$35.90)
• Miyazaki A5 Saikoro Steak (S$32.90)
• Miyazaki A5 Aburi Nigiri (S$13.90)
An udon speciality concept restaurant, Idaten Udon will be offering seasonal specials from 21 Dec 2021 until 18 Apr 2022.
• Kanitama Ankake Udon (S$13.90)
• Beef Kanitama Ankake Udon (S$10.90)
Gokoku Japanese Bakery
This bakery concept from Kobe has been serving buns made with high-quality ingredients and hearty grains since 1961. Another exciting offering is the citrusy Yummy Yuzu series:
• Yuzu Walnut Komeko (S$2.40)
• Yuzu Tuna Potato (S$2)
• Yuzu Jam (S$12)
Kuriya Japanese Market
Kuriya Japanese Market is a great destination where you can get an array of Japanese food items including sushi and sashimi, sake, sauces and condiments.
It will be holding A World of Winter fair with seasonal items and the highlights are definitely a variety of Zuwaigani (Snow Crab) sushi offerings, as well as Kanpachi (Amberjack) which are specially imported and air-flown from Japan.
• Zuwaigani Maru (S$7.80)
• Zuwaigani Hana Sushi (S$9.80)
• Zuwaigani Kaisen Box (S$15.80)
• Kanpachi Sashimi ($7.80)
• Kanpachi Carpaccio ($8.80)
• Kanpachi Donburi ($13.80)
Get a S$5 Voucher with a minimum spend of S$10 and any purchase of Winter Fair items at Kuriya Japanese Market.
Enjoy 20% off the Hokkaido Hairy Crab this season, at $14.90/100g! A dine-in exclusive at Great World offers the Charcoal-grilled Hokkaido Hairy Crab for $88 until 31 January 2022. The creamy roe packs an umami punch, and is best enjoyed with a refreshing zest of ponzu sauce.
At My Gohan, you can look forward to comforting Japanese home-style meals which comes with a main, soup, rice, pickles and a selection of souzai (side dishes).
They will be offering two specials featuring plump oysters imported from Hiroshima:
• Hiroshima Kaki Fry (Breaded Oyster) 5pcs (S$9.90)
• Hiroshima Kaki Fry (Breaded Oyster) Curry Rice (S$13.50)
Pittarino at Great World’s &JOY Dining Food Hall is a casual dining concept which offers hand-stretched, freshly-baked Neapolitan pizza and pasta which are inspired by Japanese flavours.
They will be featuring Zuwaigani (Snow Crab) in two new seasonal dishes which are available from 1 Dec 2021 to 28 Feb 2022.
• Zuwaigani Tomato Cream Spaghetti (S$17.80)
• 12” Creamy Zuwaigani Pizza (S$17.80)
Established in 1995, this popular Osaka ramen shop has over 20 stores in Japan and it will be launching the Hokkaido Scallop series in Singapore from 1 Dec 2021 to 28 Feb 2022.
• Hokkaido Hotate Chashu Ramen (S$17.90)
• Hokkaido Hotate Ramen (S$15.90)
• Hokkaido Hotate Chashu Abura Soba (S$16.90)
• Hokkaido Hotate Abura Soba (S$14.90)
• Hokkaido Hotate Ankake Chahan (S$12.90)
This meat specialist from Osaka will be serving the luxurious A5 Miyazaki Wagyu on its menu from 1 Dec 2021 to 28 Feb 2022.
• Miyazaki A5 Steak Jyu / Zen (S$35.90 / S$39.90)
• Miyazaki A5 Steak A la Carte (S$32.90)
• Miyazaki A5 Yakiniku Jyu / Zen ($32.90/$36.90)
• Miyazaki A5 Yakiniku A la Carte ($29.90)
Known for its affordable Japanese-style hotpot set meals in soup bases such as Sukiyaki, Yuzu Dashi, and the collagen-rich Paitan, Shabu-GO is adding A5 Miyazaki Wagyu (S$32.00) to its lineup from 1 Dec 2021 to 28 Feb 2022.
This holiday season, treat yourself to Hokkaido scallops and Zuwaigani sushi at Sushi-GO, a fast casual Japanese restaurant which serves the dishes via a mini Shinkansen Bullet Train. The Winter Wonders are available from 1 Dec 2021 to 4 Jan 2022.
• Hokkaido Hotate Miso Butter Corn Ramen (S$6.80)
• Aburi Shoyu Butter Jumbo Hotate Sushi (S$2.80)
• Zuwaigani Gunkan (S$3.80)
• Zuwaigani Ankake Chawanmushi (S$3.50)
Offering a variety of yakitori that is grilled over Japanese binchotan, Wadori will serve two types of Inari Cheese Kushi from 1 Dec 2021 until 28 Feb 2022.
• Chilli Pepper Inari Cheese Kushi ($2.70)
• Brown Sugar Inari Cheese Kushi ($2.70)
Yaki Yaki Bo
Craving for teppanyaki? Yaki Yaki Bo at NEX is offering A5 Miyazaki Wagyu (S$38.80) as part of its offering from 1 December 2021 until 28 February 2022.
This post was brought to you by RE&S Enterprises.