Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups are just about the simplest form of happiness. They are easy to make, ingredients required are readily available, and when done well, they taste extraordinarily satisfying.
Possibly the most delicious breakfast you can make for yourself, we honestly think it is easier to screw up an egg omelette than this wondrous creation. Follow our recipe and you are on your way to amazing Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups for breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper… anytime, actually.
12 strips of Bacon
6 large Eggs
6 slices of White Bread
Butter / Cooking Oil
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
1. Brush the baking tray lightly with butter or cooking oil. This is to prevent the bread from sticking to the pan.
2. With a pastry ring, cut the bread and lay them on the bottom of each mould. You may cut the bread with a scissors.
3. Pan-fry the bacon until they are half-cooked. Note that the bacon should not be crispy.
4. Line the half-cooked bacon strips on the side of the muffin cups.
5. Crack the eggs into the mould and season with pepper. We suggest giving salt a miss since bacon is already salty, but if you prefer otherwise, sprinkle salt sparingly.
6. Bake for around 20 minutes at 180 degree Celsius until the eggs are cooked. Best served hot.
SOME CHEESE, MAYBE?
Sometimes, we like to melt cheddar cheese into the moulds for an even better texture! Use cheddar shreds and sprinkle them before you crack the egg in to the mould.
Breakfast will be even more awesome from today onwards. You are welcome.