Strawberry Jelly Hearts Cheesecake is not just another stunning dessert; if you do not have a clue, it actually tastes as good as they look, if not better. When the decadent cheesecake filled with fresh strawberries marries the distinctive crust base, and is topped off with a soft jello layering, it transforms into a medley of contrasting textures that will send you scrambling for seconds.
Gift ideas for Valentine’s Day? Checked! Or a simple birthday present that is filled with sincerity? This will do just fine! Sometimes, an afternoon of baking and a dosage of love is all we need to bring a smile to our loved ones’ faces.
Forget about purchasing them from the stores. This no-bake recipe for the strawberry jello cheesecake can be assembled in a timely fashion with a pocket-friendly cost. Who said preparing desserts are a chore? We can assure you this will be easy peasy.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE STRAWBERRY JELLY HEART CHEESECAKE
For the crust layer:
8-9 Crushed digestive biscuits
40g Melted butter
For the cheesecake layer:
250g Cream cheese
1 tablespoon Gelatin powder
50g Icing sugar
40ml Boiling water
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
For the jelly layer:
2 boxes of Strawberry/Raspberry-flavoured Tortally
1/2 cup Boiling water
1/2 cup Cold water
DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY JELLY HEART CHEESECAKE
1. Mix the digestive biscuits and butter together until you achieve a crumbly base. Line it at the bottom of the baking pan with a spoon while pressing them down simultaneously. After which, pop it into the refrigerator to chill while you start on the cheesecake filling.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla essence until they become fluffy.
3. In a small bowl, combine the gelatin powder and boiling water and stir continuously.
4. Add the gelatin mixture to the cream cheese mixture and continue whisking.
5. Pour the final cream cheese mixture onto the hardened crust layer. Cut up a few strawberries in half (you may want to use a heart-shape cutter for prettier pieces), and assemble the strawberries on the cream cheese layer.
6. Pop it back into the refrigerator to chill for around 4-5 hours until the cream cheese layer is hardened completely.
7. Prepare the jelly layer by adding hot water to the Tortally jelly bits. Stir them until they melt. Pour in the cold water and mix well.
8. Pour the Jelly mixture on top of the cream cheese layer, and let it set in the refrigerator.
9. Slice and serve! You might want to dip your sharpened knife into hot water and clean them consistently while slicing through the Strawberry Jello Cheesecake to prevent crumbs from sticking to the knife.
About the writer:
Cassandra is a staff writer for ladyironchef. During her free time, she fuels her passion for fashion through shopping and indulges in all things food. She loves anything egg related and is always ready for a cafe-hopping adventure.